DIDNEY WORL
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
DIDNEY WORL

WELCOM

StartseiteStartseite  PortalPortal  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  AnmeldenAnmelden  Login  
THE GRAPHIC BELOW IS AN ADVERTISEMENT

Discrimination

Nach unten 
+4
WarHampster
No
Rickenbacker
Sushi
8 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2
AutorNachricht
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : Discrimination - Seite 2 Icon_biggrin
Attendance : Present
Registration date : 20.11.06

Discrimination - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Discrimination   Discrimination - Seite 2 EmptyDo Feb 25, 2010 5:50 pm

If this person was truly a great guy and Islam is really the driving force of the situation, then why did he choose to exploit his religion to make money? I am in no way bashing Islam, I'm just exposing the weakness in that argument.

My opinion - it's his fault for using religion as an excuse to sue.
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

Männlich Number of posts : 1198
User Title : Wise-man PuRpLeDuDe
Mood : Discrimination - Seite 2 Icon_rolleyes
Registration date : 23.02.07

BeitragThema: Re: Discrimination   Discrimination - Seite 2 EmptyDo Feb 25, 2010 7:02 pm

WarHampster schrieb:
If this person was truly a great guy and Islam is really the driving force of the situation, then why did he choose to exploit his religion to make money? I am in no way bashing Islam, I'm just exposing the weakness in that argument.

That's where you are missunderstanding.
He is not exploiting his religion to make money.

It's just that the religion has played a great part in it.
It's his upbringing that turely cause he to feel like he was misstreated and needed to sue.
It just so happens his religion played a great part of his beliefs.

It's easy for someone not of the religion to say "oh hes just using it as an excuse for sexest behavior"

I forgot where I was going with this?
Ah well long story short.

I think he has down nothing wrong.
Just the way he went about it was wrong.
And I do not agree with suing.(I personally think that any company should get to decide who they wish to hire without having to give an excuse.)
Nach oben Nach unten
http://skullking.subjectonline.com/
GraveTracer
GraveTracer

Männlich Number of posts : 1435
User Title : Pwning since 2005
Mood : Discrimination - Seite 2 Icon_cool
Registration date : 03.02.07

BeitragThema: Re: Discrimination   Discrimination - Seite 2 EmptySo Feb 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Sushi schrieb:
Okay, today i read a very intresting article in the news about a man from the middle east who sued a company because he didnt get a jobhe was applying for, his reasons were "racism" but what really happend is the following:
The man arrives at the company for an interview there he greets the people who are going to interview him, but one of them is a woman and he wont look her in the eye or shake her hand because its against his religion, so the company decides to not hire him, after which he sues them for 60 grand, and the department who handles racism and discrimination agree, and the man ends up with 60000 bucks and the department that helped him now want the company to hire him.

This has started a media shitstorm in sweden, i think the the man should get deported back to irak or were ever he is from because i seriously cant stand people who move to a country with diffrent norms and then they try to change the norms to the norms of the country they came from >=(

I couldnt post the articlecause its in swedish, but i can translate it for yah =)

I remember reading about something like this in History last year, an Islamic teenage girl attempted to get a job at a hair styling place. Wut. YOU CAN'T SEE HER F***ING HAIR! That's why she didn't get hired, not because all the employees at the hairdressers are racists. The suit was in progress when I read about it, so I don't know how it turned out. Still, I hate it when people (I'm looking at Jesse Jackson as I type this) when they blame everything on the white man keeping them down.

I used to be a hard-core Christian, then I realized I was a homophobic idiot. I'm now a Unitarian (Essentially believe that we have no clue what the hell goes on, but there's some sort of higher power), and I try to be a tolerant person.
Nach oben Nach unten
Xiphos
n00b
n00b
Xiphos

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 13.02.10

BeitragThema: Re: Discrimination   Discrimination - Seite 2 EmptySo Feb 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Skullking schrieb:
WarHampster schrieb:

That's where you are missunderstanding.
He is not exploiting his religion to make money.

It's just that the religion has played a great part in it.
It's his upbringing that turely cause he to feel like he was misstreated and needed to sue.
It just so happens his religion played a great part of his beliefs.

It's easy for someone not of the religion to say "oh hes just using it as an excuse for sexest behavior"

I forgot where I was going with this?
Ah well long story short.

I think he has down nothing wrong.
Just the way he went about it was wrong.
And I do not agree with suing.(I personally think that any company should get to decide who they wish to hire without having to give an excuse.)

You're acting like you personally know the guy and what was going on in his head, when really you don't you just read the article and made a bunch of assumptions of how he isn't a bad guy and it isn't his fault just his parent's. (Edit: Or upbringing, whatever!)
Nach oben Nach unten
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

BeitragThema: Re: Discrimination   Discrimination - Seite 2 EmptySo Feb 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Arn't you just making assumptions that he is a bad guy?
And NO. just NO.

I am taking into account his background.
I am veiwing his side of the story.
I never said that he is a good guy.

Right from the start I have been saying that he could be.

And that in the sense of his background he is partially in the right.
only partially, because I don't agree with suing for that amount.
Oh and "background" meaning upbringing/religion/etc...
Nach oben Nach unten
Rickenbacker
Ambassador of Funkytown
Rickenbacker

Männlich Number of posts : 4245
User Title : Eyebrows...
Mood : Discrimination - Seite 2 Icon_eek
Registration date : 20.12.06

BeitragThema: Re: Discrimination   Discrimination - Seite 2 EmptyMo März 01, 2010 2:13 pm

ITT: Guy gets pissed because a company doesn't respect his religion, so he sues for a ton of cash. There's no other situation like good or bad.
Nach oben Nach unten
Xiphos
n00b
n00b
Xiphos

BeitragThema: Re: Discrimination   Discrimination - Seite 2 EmptyMo März 01, 2010 2:30 pm

He refused to shake a bosses hand. If he can sue because they didn't respect him, then why can't he respect them?
Nach oben Nach unten
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

BeitragThema: Re: Discrimination   Discrimination - Seite 2 EmptyMo März 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Xiphos schrieb:
He refused to shake a bosses hand. If he can sue because they didn't respect him, then why can't he respect them?

He respects them! well probably not after not getting the job.

By saying stuff like that you just show you know nothing of his religion.

wait have I said that before? yes I have.
All we are doing is going around and around, because of your ignorance.
Well I have had enough!
This is my last post on the topic.

Rickenbacker schrieb:
ITT: Guy gets pissed because a company doesn't respect his religion, so he sues for a ton of cash. There's no other situation like good or bad.

And I agree fully. I was only saying he could be a "good" guy cause everyone was assuming he was an asshole.
Nach oben Nach unten
Xiphos
n00b
n00b
Xiphos

BeitragThema: Re: Discrimination   Discrimination - Seite 2 EmptyFr März 05, 2010 4:21 pm

Okay whatever.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Discrimination   Discrimination - Seite 2 Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Discrimination
Seite 2 von 2Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
DIDNEY WORL :: Misc :: Chat-
Gehe zu: