DIDNEY WORL
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
DIDNEY WORL

WELCOM

StartseiteStartseite  PortalPortal  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  AnmeldenAnmelden  Login  
THE GRAPHIC BELOW IS AN ADVERTISEMENT

I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but

Nach unten 
+3
Sushi
WarHampster
No
7 verfasser
AutorNachricht
No
Official Site Downer

Männlich Number of posts : 1297
Mood : I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but Icon_neutral
Attendance : Present
Registration date : 05.05.08

I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but Empty
BeitragThema: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyDo März 18, 2010 5:56 pm

It's not everything, but a lot of cool features were released and shown by Bungie:

Bungie schrieb:
Shacknews fires the first shot in the aftermath of our mutliplayer trailer. Want to learn more about the matchmaking features in Halo: Reach? Hit the link to get informationized!

Bungie Reveals Halo: Reach Matchmaking and Social Features
I'm quite impressed at the UI and the features they've put in. My only "fear" is that the "player type" thing will be abused by trolling assholes on LIVE, making it kind of moot. Oh well, it's not like it'd be any better without the player types like in Halo 3.
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 20.11.06

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptySa März 20, 2010 11:18 am

I just can't get as hyped about this as I was about Halo 3... I'm sure it will be amazing, but meh, mostly more of the same.
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
No
Official Site Downer

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptySa März 20, 2010 12:49 pm

If you've kept up with anything relating to anything about Reach, you'd know that phrase is completely wrong, seeing as the battle rifle is gone, equipment is gone, and the DMR, and a bunch of new gametypes, weapons, and abilities are in.
Nach oben Nach unten
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

Männlich Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 16.01.07

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptySa März 20, 2010 11:44 pm

dont forget NEW VEHICLES!!!! =DDD
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptySo März 21, 2010 9:42 am

Paul Supanich schrieb:
If you've kept up with anything relating to anything about Reach, you'd know that phrase is completely wrong, seeing as the battle rifle is gone, equipment is gone, and the DMR, and a bunch of new gametypes, weapons, and abilities are in.

Adding and removing features doesn't fundamentally change the game.

Halo 1 -> Halo 2 -> Halo 3 -> Reach is basically just Madden 07 -> Madden 08 -> Madden 09 -> Madden 10, ect.
Nach oben Nach unten
No
Official Site Downer

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptySo März 21, 2010 10:31 am

WarHampster schrieb:
Halo 1 -> Halo 2 -> Halo 3 -> Reach is basically just Madden 07 -> Madden 08 -> Madden 09 -> Madden 10, ect.
You just lost the game all my respect for your argumentative skills.

Forget the totally new features, weapons, vehicles, enemies, and story; Halo = Madden because all it does is improve its graphics and add no new things other than a few team rosters, just like Madden.

Oh wait.

Edit: And it's "etc." not "ect."
Nach oben Nach unten
Kingraptor14
Site Veteran (actually has like 2000 posts)

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 24.09.09

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptySo März 21, 2010 1:18 pm

WarHampster schrieb:
Paul Supanich schrieb:

Adding and removing features doesn't fundamentally change the game.

oh wait, we forgot about the campaign, didn't we.
Nach oben Nach unten
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

Männlich Number of posts : 1198
User Title : Wise-man PuRpLeDuDe
Mood : I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but Icon_rolleyes
Registration date : 23.02.07

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptySo März 21, 2010 3:42 pm

Paul schrieb:
WarHampster schrieb:
You just lost the game all my respect

ditto, but mainly cause you said halo is the same as Madden!
sure I owned my brother in it first time like halo, but it's still not the same.
Halo = fun.
Madden = sucky dumb shit where all games are the same.
Atleast with halo as you go through the games you actually feel like you are playing a different game.
Wheres madden you are just doing the same thing in every game, it might as well just be one game with dlcs, and it has them!

and changing features does have an impact on how the game feels, and madden... well it doesn't change features... its the same thing again and again.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://skullking.subjectonline.com/
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptySo März 21, 2010 3:53 pm

I'm just saying that I think Bungie should do something else after making four games that have the exact same gameplay.
Nach oben Nach unten
No
Official Site Downer

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptySo März 21, 2010 6:49 pm

WarHampster schrieb:
I'm just saying that I think Bungie should do something else after making four games that have the exact same gameplay.
Goddamn it; you don't listen to us, do you?
Nach oben Nach unten
GraveTracer
GraveTracer

Männlich Number of posts : 1435
User Title : Pwning since 2005
Mood : I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but Icon_cool
Registration date : 03.02.07

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptySo März 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Paul schrieb:
WarHampster schrieb:
Goddamn it; you don't listen to us, do you?
Shoot the aliens before all your shields go down=same gameplay. Jetpacks change it a little bit (I don't know whether or not everyone gets them, or on certain maps, or what).
Nach oben Nach unten
Rickenbacker
Ambassador of Funkytown
Rickenbacker

Männlich Number of posts : 4245
User Title : Eyebrows...
Mood : I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but Icon_eek
Registration date : 20.12.06

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptySo März 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Pheonix schrieb:
Shoot the aliens before all your shields go down=same gameplay. Jetpacks change it a little bit (I don't know whether or not everyone gets them, or on certain maps, or what).

This. Saying adding only a few things change the aspect of the entire game is just stupid, unless it's a nuclear bomb.
Nach oben Nach unten
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyMo März 22, 2010 1:40 am

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
i like nukes, but they sem to have made the player a bit more dynamic, one can do flips, special assasin attacks, and so on.
Nach oben Nach unten
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyMo März 22, 2010 5:15 am

also the game physics changed in every game, remember when there use to such a thing as falling damage?
and when they change things they don't just change one small thing and release a new game.

Sure the changes are most part small, and when looked at individually they don't have much impact, but take all the changes they do make and look at it as a whole, thats one pretty big gameplay difference, enough to say... hey new game?
lol.
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyMo März 22, 2010 6:48 am

Rickenbacker schrieb:
Pheonix schrieb:

This. Saying adding only a few things change the aspect of the entire game is just stupid, unless it's a nuclear bomb.

This is what I'm trying to say - new levels and guns != totally new game.
Nach oben Nach unten
No
Official Site Downer

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyMo März 22, 2010 8:04 am

Alright: By your standards, you should no longer play anymore first person shooters. They're all the same, seeing as you just kill the enemy before he kills you. Forget totally new and intuitive ways of looking at shooters (even within sequels); all first person shooters are boring clones. In fact, we should actually only have one first person shooter, seeing as the genre is such a copy-paste-fest.

Ah hell; let's go all-out and make it so there's only one type of each game. Third-person shooters, which are copies of a first person shooter with a few added things such as third person and some more action abilities (usually) are unoriginal seeing as they fit the "kill enemies before you die" description. Man, without you, I would never have seen how intuitive your ideas are.

Even using a less-extreme demonstration of this stupid-logic fest, your description, "Kill aliens before your shields go down," proclaims that Mass Effect, Borderlands, and many other games are unoriginal. I can even go less extreme by going back to my original point: Each Halo game has its own unique feel and type of gameplay. The basic core may be the same, but that's about it. It's so basic that I often compare Borderlands to it seeing as you have a shield and health bar, a variety of weapons (more than Halo, even, but most weapons are basically copies of the other weapons/useless), and you jump high. The only thing that was kept throughout the games was the linearity because it's a set-path story; there's not much else they can do, other than making it free-roaming, which would be lame.

Again, I'm not saying it's a new concept or universe; I'm saying it has so many dramatic changes from the original three Halo games that it's basically a new experience with a few familiar tastes. I could compare it to Halo 1 --> Halo 2 --> Halo 3, but Reach feels like the most dramatic change in the entire series to me (not counting Halo Wars because it's a different genre completely).
Nach oben Nach unten
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyMo März 22, 2010 9:09 am

dude i didnt read all of that, but what the heck just bit you in the nuts?
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyMo März 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Nice rant... I'm not saying that all FPSes are boring and unoriginal, I'm saying that I wish Bungie would head in a new direction after making sequels for so long. Is that still blasphemy?
Nach oben Nach unten
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyMo März 22, 2010 2:52 pm

WarHampster schrieb:
Nice rant... I'm not saying that all FPSes are boring and unoriginal, I'm saying that I wish Bungie would head in a new direction after making sequels for so long. Is that still blasphemy?
Yes.
Nach oben Nach unten
Rickenbacker
Ambassador of Funkytown
Rickenbacker

Männlich Number of posts : 4245
User Title : Eyebrows...
Mood : I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but Icon_eek
Registration date : 20.12.06

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyMo März 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Communicating with someone that overgeneralizes every subject in existence is annoying. We're not talking about game mechanics and new graphics, we're talking about the incredibly ridiculously simple aspects of the Halo franchise.

Okay, lets recap here:
Halo 1: Aliens, Master Chief, Purple sexy sidekick, check.
Halo 2: Aliens, Master Chief, Purple sexy sidekick, new guns, new vehicles check.
Halo 3: Aliens, Master Chief, Purple sexy sidekick (not so much), more new guns, more new vehicles check.

Ohay, all three games are the exact same except for mechanics and story, which is exactly the opposite of what we're talking about. The story is fucking awesome, but it needs to end eventually. Comparatively, wouldn't it get old if there were 2 more Modern Warfare games? MW2 is already incredibly similar to MW1, MW3 and 4 could work the same way.
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyMo März 22, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanks, exactly - endless sequels in the same universe get boring.
Nach oben Nach unten
No
Official Site Downer

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyMo März 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Rickenbacker schrieb:
We're not talking about game mechanics and new graphics, we're talking about the incredibly ridiculously simple aspects of the Halo franchise.
Fair enough.

Rickenbacker schrieb:
Okay, lets recap here:
Halo 1: Aliens, Master Chief, Purple sexy sidekick, check.
Halo 2: Aliens, Master Chief, Purple sexy sidekick, new guns, new vehicles check.
Halo 3: Aliens, Master Chief, Purple sexy sidekick (not so much), more new guns, more new vehicles check.
I see where you're going, but it's an overgeneralization, which we're seeking to avoid.

Rickenbacker schrieb:
The story is fucking awesome, but it needs to end eventually.
Not necessarily, seeing as there are so many aspects to be explored, what with the Forerunners, Insurrectionists, and Covenant.

Rickenbacker schrieb:
Comparatively, wouldn't it get old if there were 2 more Modern Warfare games? MW2 is already incredibly similar to MW1, MW3 and 4 could work the same way.
Doesn't work. Modern Warfare would get dull because it explores a universe we know like the backs of our hands. Halo, however, is an infinitely larger universe with so many unexplored aspects that dwarf those of Modern Warfare. I'm not saying Modern Warfare is bad because it's in our known universe; it's just that there are only so many possibilities one can take within the story and world before one would need to introduce space invaders.

Halo is different and good and expandable, but I'm not saying Bungie should only do that. Far from it. I'm actually thrilled has a yet-unannounced project in the works that's not Halo-related. I'm happy to see where they're going, though I'm a little vexed over 343 Studios taking over the Halo series. The only thing 343 is Legends, which, though it had some good parts, wasn't amazing. I'm open to them, though.

Are we at a point of agreement now?
Nach oben Nach unten
Sushi
WHMT Member
WHMT Member

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyMo März 22, 2010 11:56 pm

yes
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but EmptyDi März 23, 2010 4:09 pm

mmhmm.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but   I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

I know there was a Reach thread right before this, but
Seite 1 von 1