DIDNEY WORL
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
DIDNEY WORL

WELCOM

StartseiteStartseite  PortalPortal  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  AnmeldenAnmelden  Login  
THE GRAPHIC BELOW IS AN ADVERTISEMENT

Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
WARUMGESPERRT?
WARUMGESPERRT?

Männlich Number of posts : 1944
User Title : Warum wird das Forum gesperrt?
Mood : Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.  Icon_cool
Attendance : Present
Registration date : 10.02.07

Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.  Empty
BeitragThema: Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.    Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.  EmptyFr Aug 20, 2010 2:31 pm

So I have recently reinstalled Morrowind and must say that this game is much more difficult than I remembered for the following reasons:

1. Gold is difficult to come by and few merchants have more than $1000.00 to offer.

2. Finding a container to store items is difficult, unless you a) find an abandoned building with containers that do not respawn items, b) kill someone - this is difficult for several character builds, c) "live" with someone secretly, which is what I'm doing currently.

3. Unlike Oblivion, you have to plan which skills you advance to earn desired modifiers which requires a bit of book-keeping and a lot of patience.

4. Your chance of successfully landing a blow with any weapon is roughly proportional to its governing skill level (or something) making it infuriatingly difficult to fight for the first few levels.

5. Unlike Oblivion, personality plays a major role in quests, and you can potentially kill important NPCs.

6. The tutorial is basically a joke - consult an online guide if you're new.

7. Quests are much more difficult. The second quest that Sugar-Lips Habasi doles out comes to mind. (Thieves Guild)

This isn't to say I dislike Morrowind, but it's a challenge. (And when someone tells you otherwise, it's because they've spent 400+ hours playing the game.)

Let me add that I'm playing as a Khajiit thief and I'm finding it very difficult to play anything other than a mage or warrior. Any tips?
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.  Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 20.11.06

BeitragThema: Re: Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.    Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.  EmptyFr Aug 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Morrowind was pretty much all I played for the last few months of school! I'm going to reinstall as well, my current game is a bit screwed up due to mods. Are you using the graphics extender?

@4 - yeah, that is the most annoying thing about the game. Morrowind's combat is based much more around the character's skill levels than the player's literal skill.

I've never played a Khajiit, but I had a stealthy Dunmer character on my laptop (before it crashed Sad). I focused a lot on raising marksman, which helped for killing stuff, and was going to work on hand-to-hand (the paralyzing effect is very useful for thieves).

Make sure you add the expansions (especially Bloodmoon), they are amazing!
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
WARUMGESPERRT?
WARUMGESPERRT?

Männlich Number of posts : 1944
User Title : Warum wird das Forum gesperrt?
Mood : Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.  Icon_cool
Registration date : 10.02.07

BeitragThema: Re: Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.    Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.  EmptyFr Aug 20, 2010 5:12 pm

I'm not using any mods. I might add one that gives the merchants more gold, though. I really don't care about the graphics.

I'm not adding Bloodmoon because I'll be raped ten seconds after I leave the boat.

Also - how did you do the second Thieves Guild quest? It's impossible unless you're able to pickpocket someone in a crowded room (no way) or kill everyone in the room. (Thief = not killing four NPCs at once.)

I'm at a loss.
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.  Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 20.11.06

BeitragThema: Re: Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.    Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.  EmptyFr Aug 20, 2010 6:29 pm

Is that the quest where you have to steal the key to a manor? I broke into the manor, knocked out the noble and stole the key off of him.
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.    Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.  Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Morrowind: I want to gouge my eyes out with an ice pick.
Seite 1 von 1

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
DIDNEY WORL :: Misc :: Video Games-
Gehe zu: