DIDNEY WORL
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
DIDNEY WORL

WELCOM

StartseiteStartseite  PortalPortal  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  AnmeldenAnmelden  Login  
THE GRAPHIC BELOW IS AN ADVERTISEMENT

Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Eceleptium
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Eceleptium

Männlich Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 05.02.07

Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any Empty
BeitragThema: Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any   Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any EmptySo Feb 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Hello again! Yah, yah, I know, I almost never actually visit this site anymore, but I am a busy man, so cut me some slack.

What am I so busy with? I am glad you asked.

This

That is a blog by me, made very recently. So far it has 2 random posts, and 3 short essays about various topics, I do plan on posting on a regular basis, assuming people actually read the stuff. I probably have no right to post this on this forum, but I have no idea how to get this blog out there. If it helps any, Dennis (Pheonix) also has a blog that he will start posting in on a regular basis too

That one is Here

I am not asking people to just hit "follow" for the sake of having the follower counter go up, please do NOT follow this if you did not read anything and don't plan too, that's not the type of audience I am looking for.

Anyway, I'll just leave this right here, if you look you look, if you don't you don't, I am just exhausting my options for getting my thoughts out on the internet...and the internet itself is the subject of one of the essays if it convinces anyone to check it out. The other two are about the Universe and people.
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any Icon_biggrin
Attendance : Present
Registration date : 20.11.06

BeitragThema: Re: Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any   Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any EmptySo Feb 20, 2011 10:44 pm

You and D. Stewart (haha) had better justify my subscribing to your rss feeds with lots of quality content.

I read the stuff you've got up already, it's well written but not really original. Yeah the universe is big and we're little and yeah the internet is like a hive mind. You're kind of preaching to the choir with stuff like that.
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
Skullking
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Skullking

Männlich Number of posts : 1198
User Title : Wise-man PuRpLeDuDe
Mood : Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any Icon_rolleyes
Registration date : 23.02.07

BeitragThema: Re: Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any   Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any EmptyMo Feb 21, 2011 3:24 am

I may or may not follow your blog, but it is good to know there is something interesting to read just a few links away when I'm bored.
(saves me having to think of something to google)

Also you reminded me of my blog I haven't updated in ages... I should get right on that.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://skullking.subjectonline.com/
Eceleptium
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Eceleptium

BeitragThema: Re: Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any   Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any EmptyMo Feb 21, 2011 8:50 am

I didn't think my stuff was original, do you know how hard it is to have original ideas pertaining to those topics? Its god-damned hard, let me tell you, too many people already thought up all that stuff a long time ago.

The Universe one is a little bit out of place and not exactly...good. This is because I had to have a piece on the Universe (see the trend?). I know it's not stuff you already knew, that's because it was not meant for people like you. It was meant for people who will most likely never, ever read it because they don't use the freakin' internet.

The stuff I am writing on the blog is more or less for my benefit. Writing about those topics forces me to think about them in a different way, and has the added bonus of improving my writing abilities. I don't expect to be writing deep, moving pieces that will get in magazines and books and shit, I expect to write about topics that have most likely already been covered in the past, but are things that I have thought about and want to put my personal thoughts down somewhere. And that sentence was awkward, but you get the picture.
Nach oben Nach unten
WarHampster
Site Admin
Site Admin
WarHampster

Männlich Number of posts : 4841
User Title : The People's Admin
Mood : Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 20.11.06

BeitragThema: Re: Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any   Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any EmptyMo Feb 21, 2011 9:10 am

Dude. That contradicts what you said in the original post. You want us to read this stuff or not? Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
https://warhampster.editboard.com
Eceleptium
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Eceleptium

BeitragThema: Re: Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any   Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any EmptyMo Feb 21, 2011 9:54 am

No, I'm referring to the fact that they do not seem original. I do want people to read them, but mostly to critique and respond to them, not necessarily for their actual contents. Understand now? Besides, if I get followers, then Dennis gets followers, and then we can actually post some really interesting stuff and maybe make some money from AdSense.
Nach oben Nach unten
No
Official Site Downer

Männlich Number of posts : 1297
Mood : Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any Icon_neutral
Registration date : 05.05.08

BeitragThema: Re: Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any   Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any EmptyMo Feb 21, 2011 11:10 am

I already did this, but better and less narcissistic, which is strange seeing as I pride myself on being overly narcissistic. I posted my things, saying that people probably wouldn't care, saying that it wasn't that great, but that I thought they might like to think what I wrote.

You, on the other hand, are saying you don't even want us to analyze the content, and you just want us to read it for the sake of reading it. Paired with your obnoxious, unfunny avatar, and whining when people say "Why should I read this when it's not very original?", you seem very annoying and your blog seems unappealing. You do nothing to make me want to read this as opposed to another, more-often-read, better-written blog. No special angle.

And you're doing it with a hope for money. Fuck off.
Nach oben Nach unten
Eceleptium
WHMT Member
WHMT Member
Eceleptium

BeitragThema: Re: Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any   Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any EmptyMo Feb 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Wow, your a dick who isn't very good at reading into things, what a surprise. If you paid attention, I said that I am doing this to improve my writing skill by having the pieces critiqued. The money thing is just a side note that was originally Dennis' idea, and an idea that I agree with because I, like many people, happen to like having money. Believe it or not, I am not trying to be narcissistic, I want constructive criticism.

What do you mean by me not wanting you to analyze the contents? Most of what I have written, so far, echoes what others have already said. This stuff is writing for writings sake, you seemed to completely miss that point.

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR GOD-DAMN PRAISE

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post, but try to be a bit more constructive next time, tell me what is missing and what I need to improve, and I will take your advice to help further my own skills. If you had done that already, then I would have posted a much more positive response. I suggest that you read my last post (on this site) again, and then get back to me. If you still think I'm just being a narcissist, then I don't mind, it's your opinion, but keep it to yourself unless you have something to say that is constructive.

Sorry for having to say all that, but you should expect it after what you just said. Don't go accusing people of that unless you know what you are talking about and back it up in the same post.

The avatar is just there for the sake of having a different one, I planned on changing it soon, I'm sorry if it offended you, but get the f**k over it.

Please refrain from calling other users dicks.
Nach oben Nach unten
WARUMGESPERRT?
WARUMGESPERRT?

Männlich Number of posts : 1944
User Title : Warum wird das Forum gesperrt?
Mood : Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any Icon_cool
Registration date : 10.02.07

BeitragThema: Re: Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any   Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any EmptyMo Feb 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Maybe you guys should join forces to create a community blog.

The Drama Club hosted by Paul and Eceleptium

On a more serious note, I think that would be an interesting experiment.
Nach oben Nach unten
No
Official Site Downer

Männlich Number of posts : 1297
Mood : Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any Icon_neutral
Registration date : 05.05.08

BeitragThema: Re: Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any   Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any EmptyMo Feb 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Eceleptium schrieb:
Wow, your a dick
Well that was easy to decide to stop reading. I didn't know my was an idiot, you idiot.

Either way, I said what you can improve on in my post: You can write something original. Everyone's written a "my opinions on the universe and people" post. People's eyes glaze over from that generic type of post. You've either gotta go in-depth or not bother posting about it at all. If I posted my opinions on the universe and people, it'd take me hours upon hours to write, and it'd take you hours upon hours to read and understand. Your posts are way too superficial.

And don't just start expanding your posts because I said so. You've got to have substance. You've got to have a thought for every nuance, or else it's not a valid piece of writing. That's why you only see a couple of short posts on my blog, which are usually directed to someone else.

I can tell you're the type of person who feigns modesty to get his work out there. You outright said that you're hoping to gain money from your writing via ads, which is disgusting. If you know it's not very good, or you're not confident, don't post it until you're confident in its quality. Then ask for feedback. At this point, you're wasting everybody's time.

Attacking Eceleptium's character is out of line. Vitriol isn't constructive.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any   Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Shameless self promotion by someone who rarely come here any
Seite 1 von 1